There has been a lot of debate about which TLD extension is better for Indian businesses – .co.in or .in? What is the difference between them? While both have their pros and cons, we thought we’d break them down for you so you can make an informed decision about which is right for you.
Let us know the differences between .co.in and .in domain extension.
.co.in Domain Extension
- .co.in domains are often cheaper than .in domains
- .co.in domains are more likely to be available than .in domains
- .co.in domains can be registered for up to 5 years, while .in domains can only be registered for 2 years
- .co.in domains are not as well recognized as .in domains
- .co.in domains are not as trusted as .in domains
.in Domain Extension
- .in domains are more well known and trusted than .co.in domains
- .in domains can be registered for up to 2 years
- .in domains are often more expensive than .co.in domains
- .in domains may be more difficult to find available than .co.in domains
- .in domains can only be registered for 2 years, while .co.in domains can be registered for up to 5 years
About .in Domain:
- The .in domain extension was released in 2005 as the country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for India. Prior to this, India did not have a country-specific domain, and users had to register domains under generic TLDs such as .com, .net, and .org.
- The .in domain is managed by the National Internet Exchange of India (NIXI), which is a not-for-profit organization that promotes and develops the internet in India. NIXI is responsible for regulating .in domain names and ensuring that they are used in accordance with Indian law.
- The .in domain has been a popular choice for Indian businesses and organizations looking to establish an online presence in their home country. It is also used by many Indian individuals for personal websites and blogs.
- The .in domain has been a valuable asset for the growth of the internet in India and will continue to be so in the years to come.
About .co.in Domain:
- The .co.in domain extension is a country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for India. It was created in 2005 and is managed by the National Internet Registry of India.
- The .co.in domain is intended for commercial use, but it can be registered by anyone. There are no restrictions on who can register a .co.in domain.
- The .co.in domain is popular in India, as it is seen as a more local and relevant domain for Indian businesses and website owners.
- The .co.in domain has been growing in popularity in recent years, as more and more businesses and website owners in India are looking for a more relevant and local domain name.